Beaumont is a suburb of Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia, which has a population of about 1 million people. Adelaide enjoys a mediterranean type climate and stands about 16km from the sheltered waters of the St Vincent Gulf. Beaumont is only 5km from the city centre.
After the Second World War many young families were building houses in the eastern suburbs. The long established Scout Group at Linden Park was unable to cope with the demand for scouting in the area, and so in 1955 a new Group was formed at Beaumont. The first Group Scoutmaster was Mr Len Peake.
At first, Beaumont Scouts wore the scarf common to many Groups in the State - green with a State badge featuring the Piping Shrike (magpie) at the peak.
To celebrate the group's Silver anniversary in 1980 a new scarf was adopted. This was black, the colour for all groups south of the River Torrens, with two coloured bands around the edge. The outer band was green, the colour of our Scouting District - Burnside. The inner band of gold was our Group colour. The scarf has the group badge on the peak.
In 1991 Burnside District amalgamated with Campbelltown District to form Eastern Districts, and the colour of the outer band on our scarf changed to silver grey, the new District colour.